i offer webhosting. i can only do this as long as people behave. therefore, all users must adhere to this acceptable use policy to ensure everything runs smoothly.
i'll be honest — i don't care what you put on your website. i'll give feedback if asked, but what's on it is ultimately your choice. that said, certain things cannot be placed on these sites, namely :
- pornography of any kind (if you are concerned about your art, please err on the side of caution and ask)
- real-life gore or similar graphic content
- statements that incite violence or other harm to people and/or property
- sale of drugs, firearms, products of human remains, or other illegal products or services
- any kind of proxy or traffic-relaying server
- any kind of lottery or gambling services
- distribution of any malicious software, unless for explicit and clear research purposes (think vx-underground)
- use of cryptocurrency miners, both on servers or on clients
- any other content not allowed on the Internet by Icelandic, U.S./American, or your local authorities.
like i said before : i can only do this as long as people behave. so, there are a few more ground rules that everyone must follow :
- do not attack the servers used for this service
do not take advantage of security vulnerabilities that may occur (report these to
security [AROBASE / AT] doamatto.xyz)
do not use a "free TLD", such as (but not limited to) :
- do not take up more than 1 gigabyte for your website (this is a soft limit)
- do keep backups of your site's source files (adequate backups are made in the form of weekly hot snapshots and nightly uploads to off-site B2/S3 buckets)
- do understand that this is all done by a single person — i am only human. there will be outages. there will be issues. that said, it's my job to fix these issues and prevent them from reoccurring. in other words, please bear with me when there are issues and don't expect 100% uptime (that's just not possible).
do consider having the e-mail
heyy [AROBASE / AT] maatt.frlisted as your webmaster on your contact page. this allows those that have issues with the server or other complaints to reach out to me directly and not have to complain to you first.
data protection and retention
your privacy is protected to the best of my ability when you use my hosting. i log your email address and store your website — that's it. those who share their phone number or other method to stay in contact with me easier will have their data stored for as long as they are actively using the service (so that I can still contact you).
data is only retained if you are actively using the service (so that I can still contact you). the only exemption to this is if obligated by my local authority (United States) under a legitimate court order.
your data is stored with the following parties :
1984 Hosting (necessary for users serving sites on
should this policy need to change for any reason, it is my responsibility (not yours) to make you aware of changes. you will receive an e-mail (whenever i can get one to you) detailing a summary of changes and a link to the policy. it is inferred that if you say nothing, you read the policy and you're OK with the changes. if you are not OK with the changes, talk to me and we can figure out what needs to be fixed.
- 5 novembre 2023 — removed Sync from data processors, added Backblaze to data processor list, removed pricing policies (service is now supported by donations instead of subscriptions), removed commission data retention, reduced data retention for critical data from 3 years to until user requests or is no longer actively using the service, banned "free TLDs", grammatical changes of little merit
- 19 septembre 2023 — grammatical changes of little merit
- 18 septembre 2023 — described data retention requirements, added note to have early payments, added notice that VAT/GST is responsibility of payer, extended prohibited content to that of which is prohibited by U.S./American authorities, re-worded pornography restriction.
- 12 septembre 2023 — formed document.
last updated : 5 novembre 2023