- Borderless Podcasts, Helios Hosting, and Rainbow Records to Leave Electro (2020-05-17). Borderless Podcasts (a podcast publisher), Helios Hosting (a web hosting provider), and Rainbow Records (an indie record label) are all going to leave Electro Studios. The main reason for the leave is to enable these projects to be more independent. I’ve also been debating shutting down Electro and releasing all the partners. You can join the “Project Triangle” Discord server (a name in the works) to keep supporting these projects, get updates on new ones of mine, and more.
- Contributions to PrivacySpy to Help Raise Privacy Awareness (2020-05-17). PrivacySpy, a project maintained by Miles McCain, Igor Barakaiev, and the Politiawtch team, is like TOS;DR but for privacy policies. I decided to make a lot of contributions there and have put a list of said contributions that I’ll keep updated here.
- Nano v0.2.3 Brings Performance and Mobile Improvements (2020-05-03). Although the big update is v0.3.0 (coming soon™), v0.2.3 of Nano released today bringing much needed improvements to responsiveness on all screens and smaller footprints. You can fetch it via RubyGems with the package nano-theme or on the repository here.
- Always Amazon Smiling is Here (2020-05-03). Always Amazon Smiling has officially launched and is now available on the Chrome Web Store and Firefox Add-on Store. This open-source extension takes all the appropriate requests and supported Amazon sites and redirects them to their Amazon Smile counterparts to help raise money for charities. You can learn more here
- Mello Starts Development of Android and Web App (2020-04-13). Mello, a meditation and sleep guidance app built to help people stay calm during the recent health incident, is officially beginning its Android and web app development. As of writing, the team consists of 7 members; but, it’s expected to grow larger as time passes to accompany bigger demands such as an iOS app or support for voice assistants like Alexa, Siri, and the Google Assistant.
- Mello Seeks Voice Donations for App (2020-03-30). Mello, a meditation and sleep guidance app here to help you stay calm during and after the recent health incident, is seeking out people to help donate their voice to dictate the meditations and stories to help fill its app with rich content. People who want to donate their voice can donate via a Google Form here.
- Hex Video Delayed Due to Coronavirus and Lack of Staff (2020-03-21). Hex Video, simply known as “Hex,” has been delayed due to the coronavirus and lack of staff/volunteers. Hex Video has had its release date pushed back to 2021Q1 as a “best case scenario.” It’s hoped that the project can get back on its feet and kicking sooner, but only time will tell if others will help with the project or not. Hex, however, will not be cancelled and still will be worked on where possible.
- Helios Hosting Delayed Due to Coronavirus (2020-03-16). Helios Hosting, also known as Project “Helios” has been postponed due to a shortage of required equipment for testing servers to be deployed and used for Helios’ users. Because of this, the new launch estimate is sometime in 2020Q4, with a nationwide release by 2021Q2.
- Project Helios Announced (2020-03-06). Project “Helios” has been announced to be launched mid-2020 with a rough estimate of 50 websites hosted at launch, all optimised to run fast and consume as little power as possible. The best part: that means there’s no space for trackers, ads, and things getting in your way of getting straight to the point information.